Thinking of choosing a major in the sciences? Come to Science Day!
Science Day is an opportunity for high school juniors and seniors with an interest in the sciences to get a sneak peek at life as a college student with a major in one of the units of the Ray P. Authement College of Sciences. All participating students will get to:
- Experience a "day in the life" as a science major with up-close laboratory demonstrations and presentations in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science and Informatics, Geology and Environmental Science, Mathematics, and Physics;
- Visit with future College of Sciences classmates, faculty, and staff to get the inside scoop on classes, organizations, research opportunities, and more;
- Visit with University personnel to learn more about admissions, dual enrollment, financial aid, housing, scholarships, and more;
- Meet potential employers and personnel from UL Lafayette Career Services to start planning a career.
There is no admission charge for Science Day and this event is open to the public.
Halliburton Science Day 2016
Halliburton Science Day 2016 will be Friday, 28 October 2016. Halliburton Science Day runs from 7:30 am – 1:30 pm. Activities will be located in the UL Lafayette Student Union and in some laboratories on campus.
There is no admission charge but registration is required. Registration is open until Friday, 21 October 2016, or until all spaces are filled. Please register now!
(28 October 2016)
8:00-8:30 am: Welcome remarks by Dr. David Danahar, Provost; Dr. Azmy Ackleh, Dean of the Ray P. Authement College of Sciences; and College of Sciences Junior/Senior Student (Union Ballroom)
8:30am-1:20pm: Group Tours of Departments, Schools, and Informational Booths
1. Alumni Q and A : Student Union Ballroom (map, #1, Union floor plan)
2. School of Geosciences: Hamilton Hall (map, #2)
3. Department of Biology: Billeaud Hall (map, #3)
4. Informational Booths: Oliver Hall, Library Alley (map, #4)
5. School of Computing and Informatics: Oliver Hall (map, #5)
6. Department of Chemistry: Montgomery Hall (map, #6)
7. Department of Physics: Broussard Hall (map, #7)
8. Department of Mathematics: Student Union Magnolia Room (map, #8, Union floor plan)
1:20-1:30pm: Check-out at Union Ballroom to receive school excuse and catch bus or shuttle.
All students and other participants arriving in cars are asked to park free at Blackham Coliseum and ride the free shuttle from there to the UL Lafayette Campus. The shuttle will drop off and pick-up at the Student Union. (see maps section)
All students and other participants arriving on school buses are to be dropped off and picked up at the bus stop in front of the Student Union (off McKinley Street). School buses may then park at Cajun Field until time for pick-up. Bus drivers are welcome to take the UL Lafayette bus from Cajun Field to the UL Lafayette campus to attend Science Day events, if they wish. (see maps section)
We are pleased to acknowledge the generous support of our corporate sponsor Halliburton Corporation.
We are also pleased to acknowledge additional support provided by Sodexo Catering